Please note that on April 2021 SDL was rebranded to RWS. Some of the links in the present user guide will be redirected accordingly, while others may no longer be available.
|Remember, you can get Tb-Scout v2.5 directly from the SDL AppStore.|
- Translation 101. What is terminology management? And what is a termbase? Video.
- SDL MultiTerm: SDL's central terminology management solution.
- A more comprehensive web page on SDL MultiTerm on how to increase productivity in translation, create consistent content and share terminology for easier collaboration, etc.
- Working with SDL MultiTerm Desktop
- SDL MultiTerm Workflow: A workflow and life-cycle-management system for terminology, including term requests, approval, discussion, definition, translation and even changes.
- SDL Language Cloud Terminology integration. If you are running a licensed version of SDL Trados Studio, you have automatic access to a Free subscription.
- SDL Trados Studio, SDL MultiTerm and Practical Post-Editing Certification Exams
- Free online training on Terminology Management
- The SDL Glossary of Technical Terms (language technology in general)
More information about terminology and standards
- TermBase eXchange (TBX) is an international standard (ISO 30042:2019) for the representation of structured concept-oriented terminological data. SDL MultiTerm is compliant with the TBX core structure based on a previous version of this standard (i.e. ISO 30042:2008, withdrawn).
- The ISO 30042:2019 standard. Management of terminology resources with TBX. If you are wishing to create a new dialect compliant with TBX.
- "Terminology in the age of multilingual corpora" a paper that describes the role of the TermBase eXchange (TBX) standard in terminology exchange (published in The Journal of Specialised Translation, Issue 18, dedicated to terminology – July 2012. Look for the "Past Issues" link).
- Other terminology management systems in the market (some links may not be up to date).
- ISO 639-1 Codes for the representation of names of languages, alpha-2
- ISO 639-2 Codes for the representation of names of languages, alpha-3
- ISO 3166-1 Codes for the representation of names of countries and their subdivisions, alpha-2
- Language localisation/localization: internationalisation, globalisation and localisation
To simplify your interaction with the system
In addition, these weblinks and information might interest you*
If you need technical advice on SDL MultiTerm, in particular, or on terminology database design, modeling and programming, as well as information management, in general, please contact info @ translationist . net.
*Note: these weblinks may change, so they might not be accurate when you are reading this document.
Tb-Scout v2.5 is a companion terminology tool for translators who use MultiTerm and other CAT tools